Monday, September 15, 2008

Labor Day Get-Away

So, I'm a little behind posting. I don't think I should even use the excuse that I just had a baby. That's just how I work. A little behind. Anyway, with a brand new baby over the Labor Day weekend, I opted out of our family tradition of CAMPING. Undaunted, Cannon carried on without me and took four kids up to the Uintahs for some good ol' outdoor fun. They planned to camp from Friday to Monday, but since it rained and SNOWED, they decided it might actually be more fun at home for the last day and a half. I was happy to have them back.

Here is the happy clan packed into the van. Look how clean everyone (and everything!) is.


One of the MUSTS of any outdoor fun. Water. The muddier, the better.

At least we remembered the backpack for this hike. At 35 pounds, Tanner gave Cannon quite a workout!

What can I say?! CUTE!!!

And now they return. Tired and dirty. Notice the tent which is just thrown in there. Wet. We had 45 minutes to unload and bathe and feed the gang before church. Try that trick sometime.

Eli and I enjoyed the quiet weekend. But we were glad for the company when everyone came home. Next year, we'll be there.

What did your family do for the holiday?

10 comments:

Heidi said...

We sure wish we could have been there with everyone! Miss you guys!

Hansen Family said...

Brave, Brave man that is all I have to say!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

your husband is SO terribly brave. i wouldn't have taken the kids alone, and i doubt aaron would have either!

and on a side note - what kind of those envirokids bars do your kids like? at least i think that's what i see in the car photo - dylan LOVED the chocolate ones until we saw that it had milk in it - bummer.

Brian and Kim said...

That is so great that Cannon took the kids by himself. I love the before and after pics. Great fun!!

Rynell said...

What funny before and after photos in the van. That made me laugh--especially the tent!

He is very brave indeed.

Ashley said...

Whoa! Amazing. What a nice break for you Val. Good memories for your kids... and the parents.

Melissa said...

Gosh the kids are growing WAY too fast! Glad you got to stay home. . .but sad it was stressful for Cannon. . .he's such a trooper! I'm excited to see him tomorrow!

Twinlinebackers said...

How fun! I love camping. Good job getting everyone ready for church on time. I almost went camping with the kids a few Saturdays ago but it would have just been overnight. My biggest hesitation was making it to church so I'm entirely impressed they got home from a 2 day trip and you made it. In the end, we had colds and couldn't go anyway. By the way, Eli is officially a month old which means you owe us some pictures.

Heather said...

What agreat pictures! And what an AWESOME dad! Way to go Cannon!

Emily said...

Wow! Superdad! It looks like a ton of fun, and can you believe the snow?!? We spent the weekend at Bear Lake. Saturday felt like July - It was a beautiful day at the lake. Monday felt like November. We opted out of the lake that day and settled for the Wii and card games indoors.