Tuesday, September 30, 2008

General Conference Activity Packets

General conference time -- yay! I love that in Utah you can just turn on the TV to watch conference. Problem is, we live on a mountainside and can't get any TV reception! Well, I also love that we can watch conference on the internet! Right in our own living room. Anybody have ideas on how to get the volume higher on my laptop? I can't figure out how to attach speakers. . .

Last conference we printed out these activity packets for the kids and they LOVED them. Everyone was so reverent that I actually was able to LISTEN. =) Try them out!

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Hey Valerie! I have speakers attached to my laptop. It's a small set of desktop speakers that plug in the headphone jack on the side of my laptop. As long as the speakers use a "headphone" size plug, you should be able to plug them into that port on your laptop. Sometimes if they use a larger jack you can buy a converter that makes the bigger plug into a smaller plug. If it's more the kind of speakers that have the red and white cable plugs, you could try using just he red or just the white... or go to Radio Shack and see what they can suggest to make them work. Those are my thoughts! Good luck!
Marsha

Anonymous said...

that looks like a cool thing for conference. we have a little book similar to that that i ordered from somewhere... it's cool - i make copies of it before conference - which i need to do!

Emma Jo said...

I love those packets! They keep the kids totally entertained for several hours of conference (even if I have to pick up crayon pieces for two days.) Love them!

Alona said...

Great idea! I'll file that away for future use! :)

gina said...

our kids loved these conference packets also. our primary president sent around the same ones you have. it makes all the difference doesn't it?

Jennifer said...

THose are pretty cool! My parents always had something for us to do during conference that helped us pay attention too. Maybe that's why I like conference so much now.