Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm getting behind! First day of School



The twins have made it to SECOND grade! Wahoo! That means a new school, and they ride the bus with the big kids. They are still in separate classes, but they ride the bus together, eat lunch together, and play outside together. Being a twin definitely has its advantages.




Sydney is in KINDERGARTEN!! My girl is all grown up! She's been ready to go to school for like three years now! She's been standing out at the bus stop since the boys started school, so sometimes I forget that she's never been able to actually RIDE the bus. She is overjoyed to be going to school! Sometimes she is sad that she still doesn't have much homework.

Tanner insisted on coming out to the bus stop too, and he usually wears his backpack when he comes. Somehow, I didn't realize on the first day that he thought HE was going to school too! He was already on the bus before I realized what was happening! I was still recovering from a c-section, so I had a hard time catching up with him and getting him off the bus. He talks about the big kids and the bus all day long now, and plays with his toy bus a lot. Only three more years to go. . .





6 comments:

Twinlinebackers said...

That is really funny. I wonder what would have happened if you'd had total mommy brain and he made it all the way to school. What do you suppose the school would have done when a 2 yr old showed up for Kindergarten? Might try it some day when you need a break. =)

Brian and Kim said...

Your kids are so cute and I can't believe how much they've grown. Happy First Day of School!!!

Emily said...

So cute! Tell Sydney not to worry - there will be PLENTY of homework throughout the years! Tanner is simply adorable. Actually...all of your kids are scrumptious!

Rynell said...

Tanner cracks me up.

Alona said...

I can't believe the twins are in second grade! I love that Tanner tried to get on the bus and REALLY love that he wears a little backpack out there! Sydney's such a cute little kindergartener too!

gina said...

I just love your blog. The cute back to school photos! I think you are amazing for even blogging right now on probably very little sleep. That would be slogging blogging for me. Love you guys!