Friday, August 1, 2008

Brave Daddy

Cannon has always been brave when it comes to taking children places. He loves to go to pro and college sports games, and for that matter, so do I. But once we started having kids, I began to beg off. Because I don't really want to go and hold children or dodge tantrums or be a mom while enjoying being at the game with my husband. So I guess I told him he had to make a choice if he goes to a game. Either the children or me. And I'm happy to stay home to save the babysitter expenses for another time while he takes the kids on an outing. He is a pro at finding free or reduced tickets so that there is no pressure to stay for the whole game. That way, he's okay leaving when the kids have had it. What a great way for the kids to spend time with Daddy.

Here they are at the Raptors game they saw in Ogden. I love the second picture where Cannon is smiling and Tanner is not. I certainly didn't say, "I told you so," but that expression just reminded me why I stayed home.



4 comments:

Alona said...

Cute! I think it's a fantastic deal you've worked out! :)

Idaho Bushmans said...

what a brave dad. Todd did that once with Tanner to a Jazz game. They made it to the 3rd quarter. cute kids.

crack'n up ourselves said...

Hey, I'm with you all the way with this one.

Rynell said...

VERY brave indeed.