Monday, February 7, 2011

February 3

 Hmm.  Well, I have obviously fallen off the "post a picture every day" wagon.  It is already February 7, and I have yet to post my photos from Feb 3, 4, 5, or 6!  I'm not going to give up, though.  I will try to make up lost days, but no promises.  I have my sanity still, but only barely.  And I have an idea of why this particular assignment tripped me up a bit.  The prompt is THEN AND NOW.  So, since everyone is asking, and the time seems right, I wanted to post pictures of my darling little Annie on the day she was born (just over three weeks ago) and pictures of her now.  The thing is, I sort of have this BLOCK when it comes to taking pictures of adorable babies.  Let's face it, I'm not that great of a photographer.  I'm only moderately better than my 4 year old when it comes to photography!  Annie is adorable.  I mean really darling.  My pictures don't even begin to do her justice.  I feel like I'm being kind of mean to her if I post her pictures, because you will never know just how amazing she is by looking at my photos!  So, I'm going to swallow my pride a bit, and hope that Annie forgives me for posting less-than-amazing photos of her, because I want to avoid falling into the trap of not taking any pictures at all. . . (which I may or may not have done with my other kids!)

So, here is Annie, only minutes after her birth.  8 pounds, 7 ounces!  Big girl!  =)

And here she is today, almost 4 weeks old.  She and I had some fun taking pictures this morning, and I even got a few smiles!

 

And now, I will show some more photos from this morning, because I think she is the cutest thing ever!!



And because I am a glutton for punishment, I will post professional pics too.  I love these shots!  Bella Baby Photography showed up in my hospital room and spent a few minutes taking pictures of Annie a couple of days after she was born.  Easiest photo sitting ever for me!  I just sat in my bed and watched.  And I didn't have to agonize for weeks about what Annie would wear or how I wanted the pictures to look.  There is definitely something to be said about spontaneity!

My favorite is last!









10 comments:

kirsten said...

She is darling. And such a Clark baby! She doesn't look like a newborn in the professional shots - and her little mouth is so cute!
Just keep taking lots and lots of shots of her. LOTS. The only way to get good shots of babies is quantity.

Emma Jo said...

Seriously a pretty pretty baby. I love her darling name and the polka dotted bow makes me heart pitter patter. I am glad you shared this little detail with us!!!

Melissa said...

Pictures are worth a million dollars to me when we're go far away. She is GORGEOUS and I miss her and you all so much!

Tina said...

Ahhhh, she is a sweetie!!! Beautiful!

Hey, I'm sure you already know how to do this but I can't help giving you a blog hint . . . . do your posts a hunk at a time (when you have the time!) Have a bunch in the queue and schedule them to post daily. It'll make your goal attainable . . . . .

Rynell said...

She's beautiful!

Missy said...

She is adorable. I love the yawning one as well.

Heidi said...

Valerie, you're doing better than I am. I think I got behind on day 3, but I'm not giving up either. I just need to go forward from the day that I'm on. I haven't blogged about any of them yet!

Love, love all the darling pics of little Annie! She is such a doll! What fun to be able to take so many photos of her all day! My kids are getting tired of me shooting them all the time... I need more models. :)

Greg, Rebecca & Timothy Neslen said...

She is so beautiful!!! You have such great pictures of her. I cannot wait to meet her!!!

decorator said...

Precious family Cannon and Valerie. It is so fun to see your blog. It is so wonderful to see such a happy family! We hope to see you more often when our move is complete! Love to you all!

Aunt Bets

kirsten said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VAL!

i love you, my friend!