Monday, October 27, 2008

Mantua SPOOKTACULAR 5K and 1K Runs


My cute, strong, athletic hubby took THIRD place in the Mantua (man too AY) halloween run on Saturday. See the three fingers? =) He ran his race while the kids and I waited, then he took the three oldest kids to run a 1K. They are all so FAST. At least, that's what Tanner kept telling me. Here they are stretching.



Here is cute Jordan. He managed to even give me a good wave as he sped past Tanner and I.



Here is Jackson as he whizzed past.



Look at him. Can you believe we didn't let Tanner run too?? What were we thinking? He managed to be a very supportive spectator once he stopped crying about being left behind. He told me how FAST they all were.



Here's Sydney showing off her prize. The kids each came home with a big Halloween tote, a whole box of Lofthouse cookies (yum), a big ol' gatorade, and some halloween candy. Score.


We like this tradition. Mantua is just over the mountain from us - very close. We'll be there next year!

9 comments:

Allyson said...

I love those pictures, Valerie! Your kids are so cute and that looked like so much fun! Mantua is so pretty. Congratulations to your hubby!

Heidi said...

That's so cool you did that! The kids look like they had a blast! Congrats Cannon!

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

I am very impressed. You should all come run on Saturday the 1st of Nov. at the park for Amber. Our family is going to try and run, but we won't be coming in third, just hopefully coming in.
Sharon

gina said...

Okay-we want to do this run with you next year! That looks so fun. I LOVE the stretching pic.

Brian and Kim said...

Love it!! I love to run races, the atmosphere is electrifing. Congrats on 3rd place, Canon. It's great that your kids all race the mile. Way to go!!!

Laura said...

Way to go Cannon, Jordan, Jackson, and Sydney! Cute pics. I love how you sounded out Mantua.

Matt & Andrea said...

When you asked me if I wanted to run, you didn't mention cookies! Congrats Cannon! Keep running those hills to get ready for the Wasatch Back!

Alona said...

What a fun family activity! I like your new background from Allie Brown! I love her stuff!

Liz said...

How fun. We did a 5k/1k run this year, by I was REALLY far from 3rd place. Great job Cannon!