Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's been Father's Day for a month!

Jackson and Jordan have been so into creating lately. Especially Jackson. He started making Father's Day gifts as soon as Mother's Day was over! That gave him plenty of time to make his many creations. Here's my favorite. I'm not even sure what's inside this envelope, but he made it two weeks early and put it on Cannon's pillow.


Here's the translation for those unaccustomed to reading the handwriting of a first-grader, "Dear Daddy, In this envelope is something for Father's Day but don't open it this minute or you will get in trouble. Love Jackson"

Here's my favorite picture by Jordan (he made a whole book, but this was the cover letter).

Translation. Dear Daddy, and a picture of Daddy. My family, with a picture of us. The two brown ones in the middle are Tanner, who is crying (notice the angry eyes) and Jordan, who is giving Tanner his blankie. (One of the other kids also drew a picture of the family, in which Tanner was also crying. Describes our new two-year-old perfectly.) Then a picture of What I did Today. Can't remember what that one is about. Then The Pet I Wish I Had. The kids have been working on the pet thing for a while. It'll never happen. But it was a good idea to send the message through while Dad is so happy with his kids! I love you. From Me. And a picture of Jordan. He's brown because that's his current favorite color.


Here is Sydney presenting her coupon book to Daddy. So cute in the morning, aren't they??


Then, as a special treat for Tanner (at least that's what Tanner thinks), my Dad stayed with us for the weekend. Tanner is "Gampa's" shadow.



We had a BBQ that evening with some of my siblings, and we all had a fun time and ate good food. Mmmmm.


Here's Rodney. Paul and me. Cute Tanner.


I love you, Cannon!!!

10 comments:

Liz said...

What cute and special gifts. I'm impressed art their artistic talent. :-) I'm glad you had such a nice father's day.

Ashley said...

Val- Such cute kids. What lucky parents you are! How are you feeling?

The Newton's said...

Your kids are so thoughtful. Lucky Cannon! By the way- Austin said Tanner was the most persistent child in nursery. By persistent he meant cried the most. Tanner is so funny and he makes me laugh. Especially during Sacrament meeting when you are both wrestling him. Miss those days!

Melissa said...

Gosh I love those kids so much! Happy Father's Day to Cannon!

Jen-ben said...

Those are so SWEET! I love them!

Anonymous said...

nice to see your dad! i think you sibs are all starting to look more alike as you get older.

Jackie said...

Cute cute pics from your kids. I'm sure Cannon loved them. Looks like you had a fun day!

Heidi said...

So cute to see the projects of the kids! They are growing up so fast! Cannon is quite the grilling man! Looks like you had a fun day. Wish we could have been with you!

Alona said...

I loved these pictures! I miss all you Clarks! I especially enjoyed seeing your dad. He looks great! My parents stayed with him in AZ for a few days and had a wonderful time!

Laura said...

So cute! You have amazing kids!