Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tanner's 2!

He's so cute. Adorable. And now he has the age to describe what his personality has been for months. He's 2. I can't say Terrible Two's, because he's just too darn cute to deserve that. But he really keeps me moving to keep up with him. He's so different than the other kids were at his age. He totally cracks me up one minute, then exasperates and exhausts me the next. He has been saying, "Daddy" very clearly for forever now, but just barely started to ask for me. It sounds like "ba-ba". He loves to read books, and even reads the paper when I'm done with it most days. He eats a ton, and asks for bread ("ba"), crackers ("ca-cah"), or snack ("snack") constantly.


Here is his cake.


I know, kind of boring. This is actually the second cake I made for him. He's still allergic to milk and eggs, and while I've figured out how to avoid milk pretty well, I had a hard time making a cake with the egg substitute. The first one just fell apart, and the second one was well on it's way to doing the same thing when I decided to just leave it in the pan and frost it right in the pan! It looked kind of sad. But the poor guy had so many food problems on his last birthday that he didn't even have a cake at all! So this is progress!


He LOVED his Geotrax train set that he got for his birthday. He's such a boy. Cars and trains fascinate him.




He is also graduating to a toddler bed from the crib. This kills me. I wish I could keep them in cribs until they are 10! But he will soon be sharing a room with his baby brother, and we must make room. So far, after four days, it looks like we'll have a smooth transition! (Please keep your fingers crossed!)
So, happy birthday, cutie! And PLEASE don't grow up too fast!

10 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Tanner!!! I'm glad he isn't in the terrible two's. We're in full force here and I'm losing my mind. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Jackie said...

Looks like fun! You are such a good mom to try the cake thing several times. I would not know how to deal with my kids having allergies!
PS-Does Cannon always dress that nice at home? :-)

Suebee said...

Sweet baby. I love 2 year old boys. They are precious.

crack'n up ourselves said...

I wish I knew your kids! They are just precious aren't they?

Emily said...

Oh sweet little boy! He looks a lot like Sydney to me (but I'm not really good at these things). You and Cannon really do make the cutest kids and stunningly handsome little boys. I'm so glad you had a Happy Birthday, and good luck with the toddler bed. That's always a super anxious time for me.

p.s. I don't really believe the Terrible Two's are all that bad. It's been my experience that the Thrilling Three's are really the nightmare. In fact, Macy is still in that stage. She told Claire today, "I'm not ever going to play with you again" (right in front of Claire's dad - honestly girl). But your kids seem to be so good all the time. You really are such an incredible mom and your kids are adorable.

Mandee said...

I love your blog! Where did you get the background? What an adorable little guy! I sometimes feel the same way about our little guy. He can't be terrible because he is too cute for that title, but sometimes the things he comes up are definately terrible!

Anonymous said...

aw, happy birthday, tanner.

we love trains here, too.

Hansen Family said...

Val, such cute kiddos! I can't believe you are about to have another one! What is the next ones name?

Heather

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Tanner! What a big boy you are and about to be a big brother too. Wow!!!

Rynell said...

Tanner is sooo cute!

I also have those same problems trying to bake a cake for my egg allergic son. I have found a mix at a health food store that helps. It turns out way better than my attempts. Powdered egg substitutes are pretty lame in my opinion...the cake still didn't turn out for me with those...

It looks like he had an awesome birthday!