Thursday, April 10, 2008

Home at last!


Yay! After two weeks of out-to-sea, Cannon is home again!


I know it's kind of wimpy to miss him so much when he was only gone for two weeks, but I guess this just reminds me how much I appreciate civilian life! I've been scrapbooking pictures we took years ago, and remembering what it was like to have him gone, with no contact, for months at a time. The navy is great and all, but it's nice to have Daddy home!


It was fun to see how Tanner reacted to having him gone and then home again. After a few days with Daddy being gone, he stopped asking for him every five minutes. Now he's back at it. From the moment I get him out of bed in the morning, he asks for Daddy!


The older kids had a chance to try their hand at email while he was gone. Their first attempts! So fun. Although, I admit I almost lost it after teaching all three of them how to use the shift button (either I'm a terrible teacher when it comes to electronics, or the whole shift key concept is really tough!!)


So, yay! My honey is home!

7 comments:

Alona said...

That's great! I'm so glad your kids have so much fun with him!

Jackie said...

I would go nuts without my husband for two weeks! How do you do it with your kids? You'd never get a break. The breaks always make you appreciate each other more though. :-)

Laura said...

Yea! I'm happy for you. It's a challenge when they're gone and wonderful when they get back. Boyd was actually gone for a week and just got home really late last night. We ALL missed him very much! At least the homecommings are sweet!!! :)

Nikki said...

I am SO excited!!

Heidi said...

Hi Valerie,
It's so great to see all the pictures of the kids! They're growing up way too fast! I checked out a few of your friend's blogs to get ideas and I'd like to figure out how to add the goodreads.com link to our site. It looks like your friend Jen did it. I also like how she has a picture of each child down the side. Can you ask her how she did that, or if she'd mind letting me know? I feel so (dumb) when it comes to all this stuff. Thanks, Heidi

Melissa said...

That's a perfect way to tell us what you're having! I'm so excited for you and that you have a husband back. You'll have to give me some tips for how to deal with a 2 month absence (coming soon for Will).

Liz said...

If Mike gets into the Air Force we're going to need to spend some quality time together with you explaining how you do it. I'm amazed at how you are able to handle 4 1/2 kids so well with Cannon being gone for long stretches. How are you feeling? I hope your pregnancy hasn't been too grueling. :-)