Thursday, October 29, 2009

Photography Class

I finally did it. Took that photography class at the community center that I've been eying for two years. I showed up knowing that I had a LOT to learn. And I did. I learned a lot. =) I left knowing I have a LOT more to learn! But I had some fun! I borrowed my sister's camera for the class (thanks, Andrea) and felt like a big girl with a grown-up camera. Here are some photos that I took for class assignments. I am ready to go out and take more. And I love, love, love photo editting now that I have some direction! I can't wait to work more in Corel Paint Shop!

My cute sil with her boys posed just a short walk from my house on our mountain.

This is at a fruit stand here in Perry. I could only shoot pictures places where I could take all my kids - or leave them in the car while I shot pics next to the car!


I love pumpkin pictures.


Tanner and I took a walk on our mountain with some friends and found an old pear tree. Tanner says the pears are delicious.



Eli only tries the stairs if he thinks he's getting away with something.



Taken from my front porch. The sun is setting on the mountains behind the Great Salt Lake and Willard Bay.

9 comments:

Emily said...

I wish the view from my front porch was as breathtaking! Gorgeous!

Marsha said...

That sounds really fun. What to take a family photo for Scott and I for this year's Christmas card? We'd love to be your genie pigs. :)

Valerie said...

Marsha - absolutely! Get me a babysitter and I'm yours!

Heidi said...

Wow, Valerie, just gorgeous!! It looks like you're hooked like me, watch out Cannon, she'll be asking for a new camera soon!! Really beautiful pictures. I know nothing, and just like my camera, but really need to take advantage of the free classes that came with it. I love your editing as well. Haven't heard of Corel Paint Brush, what is that? I've been trying to figure out how to get Adobe Photoshop with a student discount. Is Corel free or did you buy it? Do share your techniques!

Brian and Kim said...

Wow, I'm moving to Perry. Right next door too. Gorgeous pics!!!

Tina said...

Wow, Valerie, these are very nice . . . . maybe I'll have to finally sign up for a class!

Greg said...

Valerie,
Your pictures are gorgeous. I can see how that would be addicting!!! We would love for you to take our family picture sometime. You are hired!!!

kirsten said...

So fun, Val! I love photography, too. I'm curious about using Corel Paintshop, because I've never heard of people editing with that before.

Your poppies in the family photo are awesome!

Mandee said...

Beautiful pictures!